Monday 13 September 2010

St David's Hall 2010 / 2011 Part 2


Photo sort of came from here

The International Concert Series begins on the 7th of October with a visit from the LPO and pianist Jean-Hawt Boy Bavouzet, but pressed for space I've jumped ahead to next year for my picks of the series. A note on my slightly peculiar programme layouts – as much as I am in awe from the tips of my toes to the roots of my hair at the musicianship skillz on display I think that sometimes it's nice to big up the composers responsible for the notes on the pages.


Sat 15 January 2011
Bartók Suite, The Miraculous Mandarin Shostakovich Piano Concerto No 2 Stravinsky The Rite of Spring
Piano Kirill Gerstein
Conductor Esa-Pekka Salonen
Philharmonia Orchestra


Wed 16 March 2011
Mendelssohn Overture, The Hebrides Dvořák Cello Concerto Beethoven Piano Concerto No 4
Cello Steven Isserlis
Conductor / piano Andras Schiff
Philharmonia Orchestra


Fri 8 April 2011
Nielsen Aladdin Suite Sibelius Violin Concerto Grieg arr. Kristjan Järvi Suite, Peer Gynt
Violin Julia Fischer
Narrator Tbc
Conductor Kristjan Järvi
London Symphony Orchestra


Fri 29 April 2011
Wagner Siegfried Idyll Bruckner Symphony No 7
Conductor Lothar Koenigs
Orchestra of Welsh National Opera (okay, so they're not exactly strangers)


Thu 12 May 2011
Schumann Overture, The Bride of Messina Tchaikovsky Rococo Variations (again, I know) Brahms Symphony No 1
Cello Leonard Elschenbroich
Conductor Christoph Eschenbach
The Staatskapelle Dresden


Sun 29 May 2011
Beethoven Piano sonata No 3 in C,Op.2 Beethoven Piano sonata No 23 Op.57 ('Appassionata') Albeniz Iberia Book I Prokofiev Piano sonata No 7 in B flat major Op.83
Piano Lang Lang


For a full ICS pdf brochure click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment