Monday 1 March 2010

Yellow Flower Power Day!



Okay, so this isn't a post on opera, but I thought I'd share my wearing of a daffodil with you to celebrate St David's Day / Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant. It's a day that brings about a curious mix of emotions that run from pride in celebrating the country and the people of my mamwlad to a tinge of melancholy in knowing that as much as I want to see us become an independent country, replete with all the usual bickering, infighting, resentment that exists in all countries, I know that this will probably never happen.

But sh$$ dude, it's a sunny day - leave the moping to another time! Here's a bit of Bryn Terfel singing Suo Gân and another enjoyable Welsh export of recent years, The Stereophonics, having a bash at Dakota. To finish off there's the English version of Ar Hyd y Nos, as sung by the great Paul Robeson - who wasn't Welsh officially but is in the hippyish Brotherhood of (Wo)Man mood I'm in today.











No comments:

Post a Comment